Freight models are no better than the data on which they are based. Although national data programs provide key information on flows into, out of, and through localities, local data collection is needed to complete the picture.
- Sources of National Freight Data
- State-of-the-Practice in Freight Data: A Review of Available Freight Data in the U.S. (University of Texas at Austin) [PDF, 530KB]
- TRB Peer Exchange on Freight Data for State Transportation Agencies [PDF, 1MB]
- Cal-FRED: The Online California Freight Data Repository
- TRB Hazardous Materials Cooperative Research Program Report 3: A Guidebook for Conducting Local Hazardous Materials Commodity Flow Studies
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest links to additional Web sites.
You will need the Adobe Reader to view the PDFs on this page.